Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Worth Blogging

Aside from our everyday life - which is extremely crazy and wonderful at the same time - I feel I have nothing to blog about that would interest anyone. And then as I was sitting here scanning through other Ethiopia Adoption/Gladney blogs, I read this amazing story that you all must read.

If you haven't clicked the link yet and are still reading my post I will attempt a summary. Each year Gladney hosts its Bright Futures Camps where they arrange for older (6yrs-16yrs) Ethiopian orphans to come live with host families in the U.S. for a couple weeks in hopes of finding permanent homes for these beautiful children. One family, while in Ethiopia picking up their daughter learned of a sibling set (3 kids - 1 tween girl, 1 teen girl and 1 17 yr boy) that still needed a host family and the Bright Futures Camp was very quickly approaching. Since this family was already "Gladney approved" they said that the Kinfe kids (the 3 siblings) could come stay with them during the Camp. Anyway the kids had a fantastic time but were unable to find a family. This is still the case and on top of it, all 3 kids currently live in 3 different orphanages, and the oldest will soon age out of adoption eligibility (when he turns 18).

Something truly incredible and inspiring recently occurred. You can now click to the link and read about it here. If you still haven't clicked to the link, click now to read about the $85,000 that was raised by college students to not only cover the full cost of adopting these children but also will go towards college funds. Now we just need to find the parents that will adopt this trio!

Pass it on!

1 comment:

The Soucys said...

Wow, what an amazing story! Thanks for sharing!