Friday, September 28, 2007

The View

Yesterday Sherri Shepherd from the "View" stated on air:"Oh, those poor babies. People used to get Chinese babies, now everyone gets African babies. It's a Louis Vuitton bag."

Where do I start in addressing such a sick and ignorant comment??? Thankfully I do not waste my time watching this ridiculous show.

A recap to what was said: http://www.watching theview.com/ the-view- september- 27th-recap- all-hot-topics/#more-850):

To write the show and complain click here: http://abc.go. com/daytime/ theview/ask

4 comments:

Amy B. said...

I am always put off by such insensitive comments. I fear that this kind of opinion is more common than we want to think. Unfortunately, a lot of people watch the View...and heard her say that nonsense. I wrote the View and said that I was offended and had decided that I wouldn't be watching the program anymore (although...I don't really watch it anyway...my tv is always on Disney or Noggin).
Amy

The Elliott Family said...

hey, if you guys are close to Georgetown, email me!

Rachel

heartinafrica.blogspot.com

Julie and Matt said...

I just left my comment:

There are people left in this world that do not have the latest fashions and trends dictating their every move. Some people actually have love, compassion and a deep desire to build their family with children who desperately need homes as motivations.

So rather than discuss international adoption with such casualness and shallowness as choosing a hand bag, please consider the commitment and love demonstrated in bringing orphans from any part of the world, to a place of hope, love, and security.

Now who volunteers to watch this horrible show to see if they actually make mention of our complaints?

Taryn said...

I never watch the show but happened to see it while breastfeeding the other day. I was horrified by Sherri's ignorance and hope she is ashamed and embarassed by her comments. Hooray for the Bauers for caring enough to open their home to a child for the sole purpose of loving him until the day he dies. That is all that matters in the world.