We had 50+ people over Saturday evening for a cookout with the Austin Ethiopia Adoption group. It's such an encouragement to us as we see this group rapidly grow, knowing these families will be a wonderful support for us in raising our children.
It's not only a group Chris and I will benefit from as we raise Zane but also I think about the friends Zane will make through this group, friends who share a birthstory and heritage from Ethiopia, being adopted by U.S. families, and for the most part being raised by caucasian parents. It will be important for him to be around others with similar backgrounds and skin color. Lily and Claire - what a blessed experience for them as well to grow up having friends with a variety of backgrounds and skin colors.
It was a beautiful sight to see all these sweet children playing together.
3 comments:
wow.amazing. 50+.
It's August -- gotcha day is just around the corner. Or is gotcha day offensive :)
That is an amazing number of people - glad to see Austin has such a strong community! Still amazed about seeing you guys on the road earlier this summer - I love seeing other Ethio families anywhere and anytime! Take care!
Carol
Thanks again for the fun event! I want to help plan so we can share the workload. My schedule is flexible so let me know when you are available. I could always drop by your place if that is easier with the kiddos.
Post a Comment