Our Easter weekend started off with Lily and Claire's first egg dying experience. Now, my primary focus in maintaining some sort of sanity with two 3-year-olds and a 1-year-old is simplifying. So when it comes to dying eggs, I would have skipped it until the kids were a bit older. I envision eggs + dye + little hands = massive mess with egg yolk and dye on on my walls. We have lots of daily messes so I try not to add to the chaos. BUT, when Grandma and Aunt Rebecca show up with all the supplies including already hard boiled eggs - and the weather is nice for doing this project outside - it was great! The girls loved it. Zane opted for a game of peek-a-boo.

Sunday we shared our Easter celebration with friends and family. The kids of course enjoyed the egg hunt and gorged themselves on chocolate. But I think the confetti egg fight took the cake!

Chris gave the kids a serious pep talk before the kids are letting them outside.

Zane ferociously guarding his eggs. Lily definitely found the most. Claire had the wind working against her game.


Thankfully no black eyes resulted. And yes, I think the grown ups had the most fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment